Marc's been gone for a few days, and I've had quite some time to think about some things while he's been gone! We've had a great time, it's been busy and full of fun things, but I am exhausted! These are a few things I've especially noticed while he was gone (things I knew before but are a little more magified when I'm by myself!)
1. When naps are missed, a ginormous meltdown is bound to occur sometime when the nap would be occuring.
2. Taking a toddler to a restaurant includes the following: appetizers- right when you sit down (or any other food to keep them in their seat), the cool cup with the neat "bendy" straw does not work well for a child who prefers to drink out of a sippy cup because they turn it up when they sip and the drink runs everywhere, when they're done eating-so are you, once their out of the highchair-there's NO getting back in.
3. Baths are a necissity after spending time in a church nursery (not just because I"m a germ-a-phob, but the things they get dirty with, or maybe it's a boy thing.)
4. The bruises on my legs for trying to get my child in his carseat are my battle wounds. (Yes, it's sometimes a daily struggle-back arching, leg kicking, resulting in me getting in the backseat and hitting my legs somewhere on the outside of the car...ouch)
5. The diaper bag is still full-at this age this is what's in it (besides the obvious): my lotion for my hands that I wash 100 times a minute (see, there I go again with germs), my camera, books (that end up on the floor at a restaurant), a mini-magna doodle (that Cole uses as a lasso to wack me in the head), receipts (that intentionally later go into my wallet, a sippy cup from yesterday that's empty and when I need it full, I just remember it's empty, and lastly- a wipe container that when I go to change a dirty diaper, is empty!
6. At the tender age of 19 months, he loves to be rocked at night, with his blankie tucked between me and him. He rubs it ever so gently as he falls asleep-once he's in bed, the blanket then goes tucked into a ball under his belly, for those of you who know me, it's probably no surprise that he has a special love for his blanket.
7. Projects I think I can conquer during naps are usually postponed until the next day, and the next...
8. Reading magazines and books are the best outlets and ways for me to relax!
9. Laundry could be an hourly task.
10. We could eat snacks off the floor of my car for at least a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Be honest...do you still have your blanket?!
I know how you feel about the carseat resistance. I got (accidentally) kicked in both cheeks by both her feet the other day while she was resisting her car seat. Grant thought I had put weird makeup on my cheeks - nope, just a bruise from our kid!
I'm such a germ-a-phobe, too! My hands are red and cracked from what feels like a million hand-washing and hand-sanitizer applications every day. I've gotten to where I put some of his Aquaphor on my hands and it is the only thing that helps!
To Court-maybe? I'll let the mystery stir! Hope I can avoid getting kicked in the face.
Erin- put the aquaphor or eucerin on then socks! I also got one of thos parafin hand dippers and do it daily! It's a little "spa-like" treatment at home!
ps. my spell checker wasn't working, so I'm sure there's TONS of errors, especially with it being late at night :)
Ain't life grand!!! There's nothing better than feeling orgazined...if you ever actually feel organized.
Post a Comment