
Ok, I'm using this as a total way to not do what I should be doing! I have been running around my house lately quite crazily. Not only have I gotten a bug to rearrange furniture, I also managed to paint my bathroom and bedroom (I cheated and had the bedroom done, I couldn't possibly do both in a week!). I have also been very accident prone this week and look like a walking bruise. Whenever I get these urges, I find myself getting all banged up. The first accident started when I was cooking last week. I had just gone to a wonderful, fresh produce stand. I bought a colorful variety of fresh veggies and was making cornbread to accompany the dinner. After carefully taking the iron skillet out of the oven (knowing full-well, it was hot) I let it cool before cutting it. When I finally cut it, I reached for the handle and grabbed it (yes, with no pot holder or any barrier of sorts). Needless to say, I burned the "you know what" out of a few fingers. After shouting a few R rated words, I managed to call a friend (thankfully a doctor, too) who called this amazing cream in for me (and some pain killers!). A week later, it's looking good. I am going to call the cream, "magic cream" because it truly saved my skin. And, I believe it kept my fingers from falling off.
So, I am showing you a family picture because I haven't posted one yet. It's not the best one, but it will work for now!
Meanwhile, back to being busy. When my room is totally done, I"ll post a pic. Aren't you excited?
Back to bruises.

3 comments:
You all look so happy. Colie's face reminds me of the old days when his Aunt Lara made Ernie faces. Lara would stretch her mouth side to side to look like the wide mouthed Muppet Ernie.
Happy Almost First Birthday Cole, my love. xxxooo, Me Me
What kind of cream was it? Silvadene?
Hope your hand is all better. TOTALLY sounds like something I'd do. I think it's just that being a mom kind of fries the brain. . .we're so busy trying to keep our kids away from touching things that are hot. . . :)
Post a Comment