Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A prayer request

This may seem trite or awkward for some of you but I am asking to search in your heart of hearts and pray for this dear family.
I know this woman, who is my age from a bible study I participated in right after Cole was born. I did not know her. About a year later, I received an email prayer request from church regarding her pregnancy. This woman (or girl) at a young 28 years of age, is expecting a little girl that will be born next Tuesday. Their little girl has been diagnosed with a rare genetic complication, trisomy 18 which has been labeled: "incompatible with life". Over the past couple months, I have been reading her blog and it has touched me and so many more people in indescribable ways. She is a woman of immense faith who is dealing with such a life struggle many of us couldn't imagine, and on the other hand, have personally experienced.
My hope is that you will pray for them and through this, you may be touched.
I will include a link to their blog and if you feel compelled to read, I know she would love it.
I hope you find her writing an encouragement and a testimony about Jesus Christ.
So, with this being a very different post for me, I write this heavy laden and know my sorrows and burdens are felt by my Father.
The link to the Farley family is http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Aslan said...

Elise,

My heart bleeds for this family. My thoughts and prayers are with them,especially this week. I don't know them, but as a mother, I feel for her. Again, I can't even put into words my thankfulness as I pray each day and thank God for the true blessing Aslan is. I love you, Marc, and Cole. Please keep me posted.