Monday, May 7, 2007
I added the picture of bath time tonight because tonight's bath was an utter nightmare. Not only has Cole learned to crawl, he has learned to sit up from a crawl and it making frequent attempts of pulling himself up, this is all being practiced in a tiny blow-up bath tub that fits inside the big bath. This is a lot for me to grasp... I once had a child (10 days ago to be exact) that would stay in one spot, allowing me ample time to primp in the bathroom, run downstairs to refresh my coffee and upon my return, he would be in the same place, full of smiles. Not any more! Back to the topic of bath time...this is usually a fun time of winding down, lots of cuddles and routine things in our house. Tonight, Cole has figured out that he can do more in the tub! He doesn't want to sit anymore, instead, reaching for the water coming out of the faucet...handling a wet baby who wants to squirm isn't the easiest task. We will try again tomorrow for a successful bath time, or call in the experts for advice! So, I am still coming to terms with having a mobile child, and on top of that, one who flips and turns with every diaper change. The frustrations make me laugh because one day, I will want these moments back. As for now, I can sneak in his room and pray that tomorrow will bring me as much joy as today, even though bath time was hell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cole, Come to Me Me's for your next bath. I will let you water ski in the tub if you like........tell your mommy she can put all kinds of floating toys around you and you may be more distraceted..... advice from an old momma. xxxooo, Me Me
lots and lots of toys.. when he is bored again.. gain battle form for the bath and hair washing.. he will learn to enjoy
ummm I hate toys, especially when they are left in the tub when I get in, but they do help. Also a cup or bucket (we use a sand castle bucket) to rinse with is nice for quickly getting the suds off. They are a little less slippery then. Ahhh welcome to the fun stuff! We were in the other room and indie came in and she had lipstick ALL over her face. crazy.
Your are so right... "one day we will want these moments back"... they are slipping by too fast! This is what I need to remember when Brady won't eat anything but sweet potatoes or won't take an afternoon nap. None of that really matters when I hold my precious angel! And I know I will want these moments back - even the frustrating ones. He will never again be 6 weeks old, or 3 months old... and soon 9 months too will be just memories... pass the kleenex!
Oh my! I can relate on ALL that you mentioned. Lily is just past 7 months now and life as I have known it with her has changed, and all in a matter of weeks. All of a sudden she is crawling all over the place and my hugest annoyance of all is the flipping when I am changing her diaper. Why, oh why won’t she just lay flat on her back like the good ole days!! Sometimes giving her a toy to hold while I change her diaper keeps her flat on her back long enough to get a clean diaper on…might want to try that. Love, love, love your blog. Its soooo nice to hear from another mom. And yes, thank you for the reminder that I will one day miss these moments. Boy, ain’t that the truth!!
Post a Comment